Please choose one of the following:
More information about the different classes can be found in the Notice of Race and on the Racing Info page
Handicap Ratings - The intention is for Cruisers and Cruiser Racers, Metre Yachts, Affordable Classic Cruisers and Day Boats and Modern Spirit of Tradition yachts to race to IRC handicaps. Gaff rigged yachts and Pilot Cutters according to OGA Handicaps. Please see the Racing section of the website to find out more about applying or either an IRC Certificate or an OGA Handicap.
If you would like to pay by BACS or by Cheque please tick one of the boxes below and then tick the Offline button in the BILLING INFORMATION section below. Alternatively you can pay by credit or debit card using the form below.
RISK STATEMENT (The Owner/Skipper will be asked to sign a copy of this at Registration)
Rule 4 of the Racing Rules of Sailing states: “The responsibility for a boat’s decision to participate in a race or to continue racing is hers alone.”
Sailing is by its nature an unpredictable sport and therefore inherently involves an element of risk. By taking part in the event, each competitor agrees and acknowledges that:
a) They are aware of the inherent element of risk involved in the sport and accept responsibility for the exposure of themselves, their crew and their boat to such inherent risk whilst taking part in the event;
b) They are responsible for the safety of themselves, their crew, their boat and their other property whether afloat or ashore;
c) They accept responsibility for any injury, damage or loss to the extent caused by their own actions or omissions;
d) Their boat is in good order, equipped to sail in the event;
e) They have checked that they and their fellow crew members are fit to participate;
f) The provision of a race management team, patrol boats and other officials and volunteers by the event organiser does not relieve them of their own responsibilities.
g) The provision of patrol boat cover is limited to such assistance, particularly in extreme weather conditions, as can be practically provided in the circumstances;
h) Their boat is adequately insured, with cover of at least £ 3 million against third party claims.
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- All of the information provided on this entry form, excluding your payment details, will be stored on MSJ Events computers, so that we can manage your entry to the regatta. Management includes assigning your boat to the correct class, checking your eligibility for sub-races and prizes, checking your boat’s rating, sending necessary materials in the post to you, contacting you prior to the event to resolve any queries regarding your entry, contacting you during the event to inform you of messages, protests and other key information and providing printed and electronic lists that include your boat details (including sail number, name, hull colour, design and length) to our race management team.
- A subset of your data will be stored on our website and made publicly available so that your fellow competitors and other visitors can see who has entered the event. This data will be limited to your boat details, and any additional data you have provided about the Boat for public viewing.
- The same subset of data will be made available to the media covering the event, together with the town and country in which you live, so that they can include a regional element in their reporting. The media will not be provided with further address details, and will only be given contact details with your approval.
- We will use your contact details before, during and after the event to provide you with information about the regatta. You may opt out of these communications at any time, except that you may not opt-out of communications containing important safety or race management information for an event that you are currently entered for.
- We will retain your personal data on our servers after the regatta to provide you with information about subsequent events. We will also retain the website data as a historic public record of your participation in the regatta. You may request to see the personal information that we hold about you at any time and/or request that such personal information is deleted.
- Where you have expressly provided consent below, we will make your email address available for a limited time to our official photographers, official sponsors, and other third parties so that they may contact you. Use of your email address in this way will be restricted to the period from the date of your entry to December 31st following the event. You may change your consent options at any time by contacting us.